If you have, please bring:
Ice cream machine and fixings for Thursday night
Corn Hole Boards
Rook Cards / Other Card Games
Entertainment For All Ages:
• Kids of all ages will want to bring their 'creek clothes'! Loretta's Ranch has a perfect creek for wading, swimming, playing in and is will be within walking distance of DIXIE Campers.
• Homemade Ice Cream Tasting on Thursday night
• Karaoke and DJ music Friday night
• Horse Shoe Throwing & Corn Hole throughout the weekend
• All are welcome to ride up the ranch road a piece and see the home which Loretta now lives, visit the old western town, see the coal mine and cabin featured in the movie. Whatever you do, don't miss seeing the beautiful water fall and old mill it once serviced.
Chuck Wagon / Meal Time Plans:
Listen for the Supper Bell!
• Closer to time a menu will be posted containing the items provided for supper each night. All attending the wagon train are invited to bring a dish, provide your own drinks and enjoy supper together Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
• An 'outdoor kitchen' will be set up under a designated pavilion close to our camping area. Anyone wanting to join in for a 'community breakfast cook' is welcome. Bring your favorite breakfast food and join in .... grills will be hot and ready to begin cooking at 6:00 AM -- cooks and taste-testers will be welcome.
Loretta Lynn Ranch has a fantastic campground. The area chosen for Dixie Riders has electric and water hook-up. If calling in advance for reservations be sure to mention you are coming for the Wagon Train. Reservations are not necessary and one is welcome to pay upon arrival. Bath houses are on the grounds. One is welcome to picket out stock or rent a stall.
Wagon Train Riding Information:
• Ellis Ross will be the 2021 Wagon Master
• Train will ride between 12 and 16 miles a day.
• Train pulls out at 9:00 AM daily.
• Outriders and walkie talkies will be used to assist in keeping the wagons collected and safely manipulate any traffic.
• Please do your best to keep up pace. This wagon train will be a 'draft mule pace'.
• A break will be taken in the morning and evening with a break for lunch. In the event additional breaks are needed for terrain, breakdowns, etc, this will not be a problem.
2021 marks the 2nd Annual Dixie Longears Wagon Train. In conjunction with Loretta Lynn Ranch, we are eager to produce a great family event. If there are any questions or concerns, please call Cindy Odle 615-904-5356.